High School Rally Night for Hunger & Hope
While high school students are welcome to serve as “Packaging Partners” at any time throughout the day, an exclusive opportunity for high school students (and their chaperones) will be held in the evening on the day of the event. During the High School Rally for Hunger and Hope, students from area high schools will work and learn together in support of a great cause – St. Louis World Food Day. Together, this high energy group will unite to package 100,000 meals! Our student Ambassadors are the nucleus of the high schools at the Rally but (space permitting) all other high schools are welcome to join, observing the following guidelines:
- A school Captain/Co-Captain must recruit 8-9 students (plus 1-2 teachers or parents) per packaging hour for the 3 hours of service. Note: Captains can recruit just 8-9 students for the full Rally (three hours) or 8-9 students per each one hour shift (at 8, 9, or 10 p.m.);
- As school policies permit, the school Captain/Co-Captain agrees to publicize the event during school assemblies, in school paper, via posters, Facebook, etc.;
- The school Captain/Co-Captains agrees to greet team members at the start of each hour, assigning them to their packaging table;
- Students are encouraged to wear clothing reflecting the name of their school or school colors;
- If possible, the school Captain/Co-Captains will organize a school-based fundraising effort to help offset the costs of the food packaging by their team during the rally. Note: each student packaging will utilize approximately $35 in ingredients, materials, and shipping costs during the hour!
Keep in Mind: Before applying, check your school’s calendar for major events which conflict – dances, football games, plays, etc. Space for teams is limited and, if your school is selected, you must field a team!
If you are interested in being part of the High School Rally Night for Hunger & Hope in 2018, fill in the form below and we will send you a reminder email when it is time to register.